At ScottishPower Renewables one of our prime objectives is to ensure that everyone, regardless of disabilities, age or the type of technology used, is able to access our website without barriers.
Based on this commitment, the ScottishPower Renewables website has been designed in compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 established by the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium). These guidelines are also the core for standards such as ISO/IEC 40500 or UNE 139803:2012.
In 2019 we received our accessibility certificate, issued by ILUNION Tecnología y Accesibilidad as evidence of our commitment and of the tasks completed in relation to audit, consultancy and certification of our website.
The following functionality has been implemented on the ScottishPower Renewables website to allow easier access to website content:
- All content text meets the size and colour contrast requirements defined by the W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0.
- Web pages are clearly structured to support systems such as graphic display readers. We have included HTML section headers, roles and and other elements which should enhance the readability of the website for all users.
- The HTML and CSS comply with web standards and should have a consistent appearance across different modern web browsers.
- ALT tags and ARIA labels have been used to allow graphic display readers to parse infographics and other complex images.
If you find any difficulty in accessing the information on the SP Energy Networks website or have any suggestions or queries regarding accessibility, please contact us via email.
Visitors can control the size of the text, the colours, the stylesheets and the keyboard rather than the mouse to navigate through the pages.
Access keys are keyboard shortcuts that replace the need to use a mouse for navigation. For this website, you can use:
- ALT + 0 (then press enter) for Accessibility page
- ALT + 1 (then press enter) to go to the homepage
Please note your browser may not support access keys
You may change the font size of this document to your preference by using your browser's 'zoom' function. This is accessed via the options menu located at top-right of Internet Explorer 9+, Chrome and Firefox.
You may import your own stylesheet into this website.
Select Tools, then Internet options, and then Accessibility. Next click on any or all of 3 checkboxes to ignore colours, font styles or font sizes. In the same window you can change your style sheet by clicking the checkbox that says, 'format document using my style sheet' then simply browse to your style sheet and click ok.
Select tools, then options and then content. You will then be given the choice to specify your own colours and fonts.
Chrome currently has no support for custom stylesheets.
New Browser Windows
Please note that all external links open in a new browser window/tab.
If you wish to provide feedback please email us.