The onshore cable route is about 37 km (23 miles) long and sometimes the cable route will cross a public highway, private track, or Public Right of Way (PROW) including bridleways. A list of the relevant locations is available in our Traffic Management Plan, Section 7: Crossing Points.
The majority of the route will be constructed using ‘open cut’ trench methods. When these works reach a crossing point on the public highway a short-term road closure and diversion will be implemented, to enable the works to be undertaken safely, both to the workforce and the general public. Where continued access across the road is required, this will be maintained via appropriate traffic management controls and signage. We apologise for the inconvenience.
Tye Lane road works, from 0700 23 July to 1900 4 August 2018
A temporary passing bay has been installed at Tye Lane, which will provide access for road users during the works. Traffic movements will be controlled using traffic lights.
Clopton Road closure, from 0700 20 August to 1900 26 August 2018
Clopton Road will be closed south of the junction with Witnesham Lane/Sandy Lane. Access to properties on Clopton Road south of the closure will be possible via Grundisburgh Road. Sandy Lane will be accessible from the North. An approved diversion route will be implemented for the duration of the works as follows:
- North of the closure, the diversion will run via Charity Lane, B1078 and B1077 south towards Ipswich Street.
- South of the closure, the diversion will run along Grundisburgh Road, The Street, Main Road, right to Church Lane then Westerfield Road.
- Map of Clopton Road Closure
Butts Road closure, from 0700 28 August to 1900 3 September 2018
Butts Road will be closed between the junctions with Playford Corner and Bransons Lane. Bransons Lane will be accessible from the south. An approved diversion route will be implemented for the duration of the works as follows:
- North of the closure, the diversion will run via Boot Street, Hall Farm Road, Lodge Road, The Street and Playford Road.
- South of the closure, the diversion will run along Playford Road, The Street, Lodge Road, Hall Farm Road and via Boot Street
- Map of Butts Road Closure