Consultation on non-material change to East Anglia THREE, 3 August to 30 September 2020
East Anglia THREE Limited has submitted an application for a non-material change to its planning consent, to amend the parameters of its offshore substations (OSSs) and wind turbines (WTGs). Below is a summary of the proposed changes, details on how you can view the application and information on how you can provide feedback.
The application follows ScottishPower Renewables’ announcement that it is taking forward three East Anglia (EA) projects: EA ONE North; EA TWO and EA THREE as a single delivery programme known as the East Anglia Hub (EA Hub).
The EA Hub concept will increase efficiencies and could deliver multiple and wide-reaching benefits such as reduced construction timescales, sustained contracting opportunities for the supply chain and a reduction in the cost of renewable energy.
To realise the benefits of this concept, elements of the EA THREE design envelope needs to be amended to more closely align with the wider EA Hub developments.
The amendments relate to parameters under both the Development Consent Order and the Deemed Marine Licence, therefore separate applications will be made to the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and the Marine Management Organisation (MMO).
The changes to the OSS parameters subject to the non-material change are:
- a reduction in the number of OSSs from six to one;
- an increase in the number of pin piles per OSS jacket leg from one to four; and
- an Increase in the number of legs of the OSS from four to six.
The changes to the WTGs’ parameters subject to the non-material change are:
- a reduction in the total number of WTGs from 172 to 121;
- an increase in the maximum tip height from 247m to 262m (relative to Lowest Astronomical Tide (LAT));
- an increase in the minimum air draught from 22m to 24m (Mean High Water Springs (MHWS)) across 100% of the WTGs; and
- an increase in rotor diameter from 220m to 230m.
More detail is available in the East Anglia THREE Non-Material Supporting Statement, which is available below to download.
Due to ongoing restrictions imposed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we acknowledge that interested parties may wish access to the application electronically, and so electronic copies are available below to download.
Hard copies of the application can be viewed at OrbisEnergy, Wilde St, Lowestoft NR32 1HX. Inspection is by appointment only. To arrange an appointment, please contact OrbisEnergy on 01502 563368. Infection prevention and control measures are in place.
Should you require a hard copy you can request this using the details provided below
Phone: 07710 049240
Respond to the consultation
The consultation will run until the 30th September 2020 and feedback can be provided by:
- Email to the Planning Inspectorate at EastAngliaThree@planninginspectorate.gov.uk; or
- In writing to: National Infrastructure Planning, The Planning Inspectorate, Temple Quay House, 2 The Square Temple Quay Bristol BS1 6PN. Please quote reference “East Anglia THREE (EN010056)” on any correspondence.