As part of the development of the East Anglia TWO offshore windfarm, ScottishPower Renewables undertook a further phase of pre-application consultation which began on 29 September and finished on 12 November 2018.
After listening to feedback from local authorities and residents, we extended the consultation period by a further two weeks from the original end date of 29 October 2018. As a responsible developer, we go above and beyond statutory requirements, carrying out effective stakeholder engagement to ensure we obtain and consider as much feedback as possible.
We thank those that participated in this consultation phase and provided their feedback.
It is SPR’s position based on extensive advice and this further stakeholder engagement that the Grove Wood, Friston site offers on balance the most appropriate option for substation development. View a briefing note which has been produced explaining our decision.
Consultation Material and Activity
Phase 3.5 Consultation provided us with the opportunity to engage with local communities on a number of recent project developments, including:
- The opportunity to consider a new potential substation location between Sizewell and Leiston, as a possible alternative to the currently proposed substation site near Friston. SPR and EDF Energy worked together to explore the possibility of using land on the Sizewell B estate for the SPR development. This land has been earmarked as a site to translocate protected wildlife in preparation for the Sizewell C development. EDF Energy has been working closely in recent years with Suffolk Wildlife Trust and Natural England to establish this agreed ecological mitigation area.
- Options to relocate the existing Sizewell C reptile mitigation land.
- Proposed improvements to parts of the local road network.
- Refinement of the proposed area required for National Grid Electrical Transmission (NGET) to connect their proposed substation to the existing Overhead Line.
- Plans to run parallel consultation and stakeholder engagement, as well as parallel Preliminary Environmental Information (PEI) processes for both projects.
- Options to allow appropriate access to the substation site.
- Options to ensure appropriate connection to the surface water drainage network.
All Phase 3.5 Consultation information can be found below:
A series of public meetings were held as part of the Phase 3.5 Consultation to present details of the above project developments and obtain feedback from the local communities. These public meetings were held at the following locations:
|Location||VENUE||DATE AND TIME|
Sizewell Sports and Social Club
Tuesday 9 October 2018, 7.30pm
Friston Village Hall
Wednesday 10 October 2018, 7.30pm
Knodishall Village Hall
Friday 12 October 2018, 6.30pm
Thorpeness Country Club
Monday 15 October 2018, 6.30pm
Register your interest and be kept up to date as this project progresses.